Things I do ...

And other randomness.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm so weird.

I realized today while reading Dress Your Family In Corduroy and Denim that whenever I'm reading a book written in first person, I end up walking around all day thinking in the same style as the book is written.
Does that make sense?
When I read say Bridget Jones's Diary (shouldn't that be Jones' diary, not Jones's??, but that's off topic) I will end up walking around taking note of things in a diary format. And while reading this book I was walking around mentally taking note of everything in the Sedaris tone and trying to think of funny ways to report on my mundane things. I even started writing my comedy routine.
I wonder if I read a book written by a dictator or something if I would become some giant jerk.. maybe I should read a book by some rich person and be all career oriented.
Or perhaps this gift only works with funny books?

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually have the same 'gift' bestowed upon me on occasion. Specially w/ Bridget. V. funny how that works.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home