Things I do ...

And other randomness.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Decisions.. Decisions..

I was super interested in the Zen Micro for many reasons.. but after playing with one at Fry's this Saturday and having it crash in my hand due to overheating (after like 5-10 min) I'm not so sure anymore. I'm so unsure that I even checked out the iPods (for a millionth time) and even though I had no intention of getting one, I actually considered it *gasp*. Picking between Zen and iPod is like picking a favorite child.. I just can't do it. I came up with some pros and cons for both... tho pros for one is like cons for the other.. so if anyone cares..

Zen Micro
  • cheaper
  • compatible with Yahoo! Unlimited music service (big selling point for me)
  • has more features: radio & recording
  • calendar which works with the super awesome MS Outlook
  • comes in pink or black.. (hmm..)
  • better battery life and it's removable
  • Not a trendy overhyped product like say iPod
iPod Mini
I think I'd get the mini though the price difference makes the minis look like a bad deal.
  • I liked the buttons better
  • While it looks slightly dorkier looking it does have a LOT more accessories such as really cute cases (This is a double edged sword since they also cost more because it's Apple)
  • Seems to be more reliable and has a good rep
  • iTunes software is awesome and the store even carries music I like
  • Doesn't have a pic of Paris Hilton on their site


So basically I'm totally unsure. I hate that about electronics, picking between stuff is so hard at times, like the problem I had few months back between Digital Rebel and Digital Rebel XT. Both have some real pros and cons for sure.. Though the Y! Music thing was kind of important to me but I realized I don't even know what kind of music they have on it and if they have stuff from independent labels because if they don't, I wouldn't care about it anywho. I guess I can start trying out the service w/o a player since it won't show you the library unless you join (lame). Also another option is going for something else, like another iRiver or yet another brand. Also got to check out other subscription services (doesn't MS have one now?).
What to do.. what to do?

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ipod mini's come in pink as well...no?

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Olga said...

True, but not black. Unless you get the U2 edition. Haha.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you'r more of a pink person anyway....
coz.. you're not gothic, remember. so why would u want black?
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home