Things I do ...

And other randomness.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Last Days Review


Of course I had to go see the movie starring Michael Pitt as basically Kurt Cobain. They made a disclaimer saying it was only loosely based on Cobain, and the movie was dedicated to him, so we all know that's just for legal reasons and such.
I almost don't feel qualified to write a review on this movie since I feel asleep for a few minutes twice while watching it. But perhaps that's a review in itself. In the movie's defense that's happened to me twice before during music documentaries which I do find interesting so perhaps I was just tired. Also "lucky" for me, they showed some of the scenes twice, so hopefully I didn't miss much.
The movie makes you feel like Kurt killed himself out of boredom. Well of course the world was getting to him and his 'friends' weren't different from any famous person's friends, basically freeloaders who want free stuff and favors.
Mike totally looked similar to Kurt, or 'Blake' (because the movie isn't about Kurt, ha!) the fact that they didn't show his face much helped achieve that effect. Kurt/Blake character was like a hotter, younger, blonder Ozzy walking around and mumbling stuff to himself (minus the Sharon mumblings). The movie is about a few days where nothing really happens until sometimes does finally happen. My complaint is they didn't show him blow his brains out probably because then the movie would have some sort of action. I can't actually think of who would enjoy this movie.. perhaps someone who has trouble sleeping.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he DOES look like Kurt Cobain.
And yes, i heard not such good things about the movie..

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That movie sucked. It was fascinating as a research tool, but as actual entertainment, forget about it. I have more fun pulling out my nose hair and making myself cry cuz it hurts a lot.
-Colin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home