Art geekiness in SF.
Pretty awesome day!
First J&Js - my first Hawaiian food exploration. Pretty darn good and cheap, though I had veggies with rice so nothing too adventurous.
Then after driving to SF we park and get out of the garage just to see Davey Havok lead singer of AFI and Nick 13 lead singer of Tiger Army. My jaw dropped I have witnesses. They're totally both in my top 10 fave bands.
On to the art! There were 2 freebie's today MOMA and YBCA. $0 is an awesome price for these...

SFMOMA - Oh god so much good stuff!
Matisse, Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo, Picasso, Pollack, and a bazillion other cool painting on the first floor.
A big photo exibit we just skimmed through as it was mostly trees.
Chuck Close Self-Portraits 1967-2005 -was pretty weird. As it was like 100s of self portraits of the same guy and we started in all different formats.
I could've seriously spent another hour in the bookstore, but we checked out another museum...
Was liking visiting a toy store after MOMA.
They had one huge room which was all an installation
And and exibit on The Zine UnBound: Kults, Werewolves and Sarcastic Hippies.
Pretty cool stuff thought I was tired but that museum is neato too.
To finish the day on a high note we had some Mitchell's ice cream, voted Best in SF! I tried Kahlua Mocha Cream which was awesome!
All in all, a gosh darn awesome day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home