Things I do ...

And other randomness.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Factory Girl



Factory Girl


I haven’t reviewed a movie in a while. Or posted in a while for that matter. But I just saw Factory Girl tonight and wanted to recommend it. I’m usually a fan of movies about drug addictions, as there’s enough drama but not in a super cheesy way. This one wasn’t different, though it didn’t focus so much on the actual drug usage as it did on Warhol’s Factory, and Edie Sedgwick’s story. I thought that his ability to manipulate people and understand them was just as interesting as his art work. It’s always been interesting to me why some people will do anything for other people while it’s not mutual. Or why the idea of fame is so important and fascinating to people. So I liked the movie because it got me thinking about that sorta stuff.
Sienna Miller plays the same character as she does in Alfie, Hayden Christensen isn't in it enough to ruin it, and Guy Pierce delivers a solid performance. Oh, and that sex scene that I heard all this buzz about, it didn't look controversial enough to me, ah, just publicity stunt.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger LL said...

I had a feeling you may have written so I thought I'd check. hehe. This movie does sound very interesting. I'll check it out soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home